Thursday, October 2, 2008

Remodeling

Our house is in constant remodel - we are trying to pay cash as we go along so it is a slow process. We have already redone several portions of our house that were a necessity like our kitchen and bathroom, but this was one of my biggest pet peeves. The back door that you are looking at was a finger chopper and the kids had to push with their feet against the frame to even be able to open it, and no matter what we did we could not keep the handle on. The window was so low we could not see out of it with out bending over. Well 2 years later it finally happened.
This is our new slider. I can see the whole back yard and I love it.

This is our carpenter. Kind of goofy but cute none the less.
Many of you have never seen our Humble Abode. Well, this is it and believe it or not it looks 100 times better than it did when we got it. I think it gets cuter every day, I am usually decorated for Halloween by now but my flowers are doing so good I don't have the heart to pull them out yet.



5 comments:

KevDebKlan said...

Super cute house. It looks like it is still summer there. Is this picture recent? Cute Kitten. Maybe this one will be a keeper. Miss you all. Love the Door!

CBJ said...

The house is looking GREAT! Awesome job, guys. Matty, you're so talented. Keep up the good work! MORE PICTURES!!

Kreller Kaboodle said...

Wow Donna! You have a beautiful family!! Hope all is well! Glad I found you on this site!

Dawna and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kreller Kaboodle said...

Dawna, I just wanted to take a brief moment and thank you for commenting on my page! Also, I want you to know what an influence you and your family has always been in my life! I remember being a teenager in the Dalton Gardens ward looking up to all these older girls! What I remember about you and all of your family is that the Spirit has always been really strong with you guys! I will never forget my memories I have and the Spirit I felt around you! I went through some really hard times after I left Idaho, as you know what happened with my family. It was absolutely devastating to me and I reacted in not a good way. Since then I've come back to the church, gone on a mission, married a wonderful man! Recently been sealed to my husband and baby and it is amazing! Thank you for always being true to yourself and setting such a wonderful example to people like me who really looked up to you and many many more! Those examples really helped me out so much in life! Thank you Dawna!