Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mother and Father Prayer

What a wonderful day it was for our Aaron, I know without a doubt that I was more scared than he was. He has been such a strength around the house and the thought of him leaving the safety of our home to go into the world was a bitter sweet thought. I know what an example he can and will be to everyone that he comes in contact with but it breaks my heart to know that he will now see and experience things that a mother never wants their child to know. However, I am blessed with the knowledge that he is not alone, and that the Lord will watch, protect and comfort him during those few hours that my arms cant always be there for him. I love you Aaron.
The night before school started my sweet, wonderful Matt, went into our bedroom and spent some time in prayer and came out dressed and ready to bless our sweet son with the strength that he would need to start the next chapter in his life. How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives.
I cant imagine their being a cuter kindergartner out there, although I know there are mothers out there that might disagree, Gabe and Mark made a very close second
This is the group from my side of the family that attend Dalton Elementary. I am so grateful that Aaron has such good examples and friends so close to him.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You have a very beautiful family! May all God's blessings be yours!
Michelle P.
http://mydaisybelle.blogspot.com/
Our Adoption Journey

Mandy said...

Well this totally got me choked up. I had such a morning of worrying about Georgey "going out into the world" too. The playground is what scares me. What if there are bullies? Or kids teaching him all kinds of bad language!? The list goes on and on. But you are so right. What a comfort it is to know that they are being watched over, and that they have been taught correct principles. I love the photos. Aaron is such a handsome little guy!

KevDebKlan said...

so you were the last of us to send our oldest off to kindergarden. I'd like to tell you it gets easier but it doesn't. I think the only thing that helps with the next one is knowing that they will have someone already there. You are lucky to have so many cousins so even though he the only one from your family he still has lots of supports. Super cute pictures. I wish my kids could have even one cousin to go with. I am grateful that when I have to send my last that at least they will be able to go together. your hair looks really cute by the way!

FarrEver Family said...

Beautiful! i absolutely love the pic of you and Aaron. I think in years to come he will treasure it!
Gotta love those good men who hold th e preisthood! I am glad you made it through your hard day!

Dave and Jen said...

They all look so cute. I'm glad we got a picture of all the cousins. I need one too. I 'm glad that Aaron and Gabe are together.

The Hawkins said...

Hey guys
I have to say that Aaron is a very cute kindergartner! I love the post of Aaron's blessing. It is so wonderful to see Matt in his church clothes, a worthy priesthood holder! There's just something so wonderful and so special about that. And that's really crazy that you have 4 kids and your oldest is only starting kindergarten! :)
Heidi

Gatten Gang said...

what cute pictures! You look darling Dawna. I so appreciated your testimony about your sweet hubby and his taking seriously his priesthood responsibilities in blessing your kids before the new school year.
thanks for the inspiration and sharing. Jean